Theme: German dish
Menue: Bratwurst (German sausage)
- 600 ground beef and pork
- 60cc milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 small egg
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl (or a big plastic bag) and knead until smooth. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Cut plastic wrap 15 cm square, add 3 tablespoons of meat and shape as sausage. Wrap tight.
- In a skillet, bring water to boil. Boil wrapped sausages about 10-13 minutes.
Today we added some bay leaves in a hot water to make increase the sausages flavor. With colorful veggies and whole-grain mustard, they tasted great! Believe me, we baked two tarte tatins at the same time (though this is obviously traditional French cake). They were just wonderful.
There will be a lot of variations by changing or adding some spices—onions, garlic, majoram, oregano, coriander, etc. You can also find some ready-made spice mix at supermarkets. However, try this simple recipe first!!